Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Portland International Cider Cup organized by the Northwest Cider Association.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more ciders or edit the ciders you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Entry Registration is Open
14 entries have been added to the system as of 13:51, Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a judge or steward, please register: judge | steward.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
Rules for Cider Entry
Rules and Provisions:
- The shipper must pay all customs, duty, and shipping fees.
- All entries become the property of the Northwest Cider Association.
- Any portion of the entries remaining after the competition may be disposed of as seen fit by the Northwest Cider Association.
- Entrants must be a licensed cidery producing cider in the territory of the Northwest Cider Association which is currently Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, and British Columbia. Ciders made in the territory but not sold by a cidery licensed in the territory may not enter.
- Entry fees will not be reimbursed if cider shipment does not arrive, or arrives broken.
Cidery Entry Eligibility:
- All entries must be currently available for sale or destined for sale in the near future.
- All ciders must be made with 90% or more by volume apple juice not from concentrate. Perries must be made with 90% or more by volume pear juice not from concentrate.
- All entries must be made by cideries licensed within the territory of the Northwest Cider Association. This means that cideries in other states making cider via a contract with a producer in the region may not enter their ciders.
Rules for use of competition awards and feedback in marketing:
- Ciders that win a medal or award may reference that award via on-package marketing materials only with the prior written approval from the PICC planning committee, for which the committee will not unreasonably withhold approval.
- Vintage/dated ciders that win a medal or award may only reference that award for ciders of the same vintage/production date.
- Use of any award in a misleading way may result in that award being rescinded and the offending producer being barred from future competitions.
- Producers are responsible for ensuring that distributors, retailers and restaurants use awards in advertising and marketing in accordance with competition rules. Failure to maintain proper control of the use of these awards may also result in the award being rescinded and in ineligibility to compete in future competitions.
- Feedback is supplied to aid producers in understanding how ciders were perceived by judges and what the relative strengths and weaknesses were perceived to be. Individual judges’ comments are not to be quoted for marketing purposes without the express prior approval of the PICC planning committee.
The Best of Show judging will be determined by a Best of Show panel based on a second judging of the top winners.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Carolyn Winkler — Competition Coordinator
- Mark Crowder — Website Guru
the Northwest Cider Association is proud to have the following sponsors for the 2017 Portland International Cider Cup.
PICC Awards Night - Thursday, June 15
Presenting Sponsor - $5,000
- Featured logo on all promotions related to both awards submission and event.
- Speaking opportunities at event.
- Classified as Oregon Cider Week Kick-Off Party Sponsor, with added recognition in consumer-facing media.
- Customized opportunities available.
Awards Sponsorship (4 pillar categories available) - $1,000 each
- Logo recognition on awards submission website and promotion.
- Smaller logo recognition on all promotions related to the event.
- On-site event recognition.
- Logo recognition for award certificates.
- 4 pillar categories available: Cider, Cidermakers, PICC (best in show)(SOLD) & Best Dressed
Bar & Food Sponsorship - $750 each
- On-site logo exposure
- Website recognition
Please email Emily Ritchie for more details.